Community Support Worker
Vinge provides equal opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or gender.
We are always interested in hearing from job candidates who are keen to help us enrich the lives of the persons in care. If you want to help support the persons in care to achieve their highest potential – send us your resume.
- Full Time, Part Time and Casual positions available
- North Vancouver, Vancouver & Richmond
- Experience in community living desirable
- Current or able to acquire Class 4 drivers license
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Salary: $18.15 – $21.14
- Benefits as per the latest BCGEU collective agreement
- Ensure the individual’s health, safety and well-being.
- Support the individual with dignity, respect and provide emotional support.
- Follow specific goals and objectives as outlined by the team during the PATH or Quality of Life Plan and Health Care meetings. Remember the team is individual-centered.
- Teach and develop self-esteem in the individual by assisting him/her to develop to his /her maximum level of independence in self-care, personal safety, household and community living skills.
- Recognize that as a society we are very diverse and as caregivers, we are to provide a positive and supportive environment that meets the individual’s needs in the following areas: cultural, spiritual, sexual, educational, emotional, vocational, physical and medical.
- Assist an individual in developing necessary interpersonal communication and obtaining a maximum level of proficiency by using a variety of languages (individual preference), sign language, facilitation or PIC symbols.
- Provide every opportunity for an individual to make choices and decisions regarding his/her life. Assist the individual in accepting the responsibilities of his/her choices.
- Assist the individual with integration into his/her community and assist with leisure activities within the home.
- Provide the necessary level of support in personal care.
Use this form to apply for any of the above jobs. You can also fax or email your resume and a letter stating your reasons for wanting to work in the community living field to 604-689-3864 or email@example.com